Greeting Card Poems
Hi! I'm Joanna Fuchs. I've written almost 800 original greeting card poems and rhymes for all occasions, traditional, sentimental, good old-fashioned poetry to touch the heart.
Genuinely Personal Poems
Unlike other poems, my poetry speaks directly to the person receiving your card. Notice the repeated use of "you," "your," and "we" in most of my poems. As a result, your card speaks right to the heart and soul of your special someone. See what I mean in this friendship poem, "My Treasured Friend." Look at all the uses of various forms of "you."
Author's Choice Poems
Although I like all my poems or I wouldn't post them, there are four poems at Poemsource.com designated "Author's Choice." Of all the poems I’ve written, these are my personal favorites.
1. This hot love poem, "Creatures of the Fire," is accompanied by the story of how and why this site was created. It's the first poem I wrote. It was my favorite then, and, years later, it still is.
2. A lot of people can relate to this funny birthday poem, "Birthday Workout," which warns about the downside of a major birthday perk.
3. My most famous poem is a funny Valentine poem, "Since My Valentine Got A Computer." Yes, I know you've seen it all over the Internet, but it's mine. Chasing those who have copied this poem is a full time job.
4. I'm a fool for love poems, and many of my romantic greeting card poems were written with my husband, Karl, in mind. (See a 2010 photo of my sweetie pie on the About Us page.) This verse about love is called "Anniversary Love Sonnet."
You’ll see Karl’s name as author on some poems. If my name is next to his, it means I tinkered with it. Some greeting card poems are his alone, however, and my favorites are his funny Thanksgiving poems. "Thanksgiving Ghost" and "Belly Stuffer" are pure genius. (Note that Karl likes to write "I," "me," "my" poems, and frequently my tinkering involves inserting various forms of the more personal "you.")
You Can Customize Our Poems
You can customize many of my greeting card poems, entering details about that person, to intensify the good feelings your card creates. In the rhyming poems, you can use the non-rhyming lines (usually every other line). In the free verse poems use any line.
Make Friends With Greeting Card Poetry
A greeting card message is an easy way to say "I think you're special." Whether you give greeting card wishes to friends or to people you'd enjoy having as friends, the effect will be satisfying for everyone.
- They'll feel better about themselves because of the good feelings you expressed to them with greeting card poetry.
- They'll feel better about you because you made them feel good.
- You'll feel good about yourself for having made them happy.
Make A Good Impression With Greeting Card Poems
The right greeting card message for a special occasion makes a great impression. Let's say you are invited to wedding. Your wedding gift sets you apart because it comes with a quality wedding poem. Now you have made a special occasion really special.
The same goes for a graduation, baby shower, birthday or other occasion. Your sentiments in a greeting card message make for good feelings all around.
Greeting card messages and sayings provide a simple, easy way
to make a lot of good impressions.
Expressing Feelings Is Essential To Good Relationships
The 700+ original greeting card messages, wishes, sayings, verses, rhymes, words, phrases you'll find here will help you express your feelings and get closer to people. They are designed to give the people you care about warm feelings toward you, or pleasant tingles, or sometimes even happy tears.
The value of expressing emotion to enhance relationships cannot be overstated. It's often hard, though, to say your positive feelings out loud; it's easier to write them. But in our fast-paced, hectic world, very few people take the time to write a letter, or even a note. Poemsource.com gives you a quick, easy way to express your feelings in appropriate ways to strengthen relationship bonds. How much easier can it get than to tuck a greeting card poem, a rhyming poem or free verse, into a card or note to let someone know you care?
Then click one of the buttons at the top left or one of the links below to go to the page of your choice, select a greeting card verse and start creating emotional magic!
Send a Poem
Send a poem to say you care;
Send a poem with thoughts to share.
A paper card you send today
Across the miles will make its way;
Or send an e-card really fast,
For friendship that will grow and last.
A poem creates so many gifts:
The brain it calms; the heart it lifts.
Send a poem to say you care;
A poem is welcome anywhere.
By Joanna Fuchs
Please see our Site Map
for a complete list of categories of greeting card poems,
since we don't have room on our navigation bar
for all of the almost 800 poems at this site,
all written by Joanna and Karl Fuchs.
Copyright 2004-2013 Joanna Fuchs Greeting Card Poems
- All poems at this site are protected by paid, registered, Federal copyright.
- Site Map
- Find all of our pages by using our site map.
- Submit Your Poems, Notes and Messages to PoemSource!
- Use this page to submit poems, notes or messages to PoemSource.com. Submissions must be at least 200 words, and your own, original work.
- Anniversary Poems
- Free anniversary poems. High-quality wedding anniversary verses for e-cards and gifts. This anniversary poetry can also be used for marriage poems.
- 50th Wedding Anniversary Poems
- Free, rhyming 50th wedding anniversary poems and golden anniversary greetings here. These anniversary poetry is suitable for cards, e-cards or to accompany a gift. Choose your favorite verse.
- Anniversary Love Poems
- Free anniversary love poems, wishes, messages, verses. Original, high quality anniversary poetry and marriage poems to touch the heart of your beloved.
- Baby Poems
- Free new baby poems and baby shower poems. Baby boy and baby girl poems, baby shower invitation poem, baby shower thank you poems. The baby poetry you've been looking for.
- Birthday Poems
- Free birthday poems for everyone. Happy Birthday wishes, messages, sayings, greeting card rhymes for family, plus age-specific, funny birthday verses, love notes, more.
- Funny Birthday Poems
- Look here for free funny birthday poems and rhyming funny birthday greetings that will tickle your funny bone. Humorous birthday poems like these are always winners.
- Dad Birthday Poems
- Free dad birthday poems, wishes, verses, rhymes, sayings. Use these birthday poems for father as greeting card messages to let him know you care.
- Mother Birthday Poems
- Mother birthday poems. Original, rhyming mom birthday poems that say Happy Birthday Mom! Choose the poem for Mom's birthday that you like best.
- Birthday Love Poems
- Free birthday love poems, messages, verses, wishes, rhymes. Romantic birthday love poetry to make a birthday celebration special and memorable.
- Christian Poems
- Free Christian poems, inspirational Christian poetry and Christian verse. Poems about and for Christians. Christian church and spiritual poems.
- Christmas Poems
- Free Christmas poems for family, friends, teachers, kids, business, suitable for greeting cards. Christian Christmas, funny Christmas, love poems, more.
- Christian Christmas Poems
- Free Christian Christmas poems and prayers. Inspirational religious Christmas Poems and prayers honoring Jesus and true meaning of Christmas. Religious Christian Christmas poetry for cards and Church.
- Holiday Poems
- Find free holiday poems here. See a variety of short and longer holiday poetry, suitable for greeting cards. Includes holiday verse and rhyme.
- Father Poems
- Free father poems and dad poems. Use this new, original father poetry and father verse for Happy Fathers Day card poems. Send a loving message to Dad.
- Friendship Poems
- Free, rhyming friendship poems and friendship poetry. Choose your favorite friend poem for a card, e-card or to accompany a gift. Sending friendship greetings can enhance your relationship.
- Funny Poems
- Free funny poems on a variety of topics. Clean funny sayings, rhyming funny messages to make you laugh without cringing. Wholesome funny poetry!
- Get Well Poems
- Send these free get well poems, wishes, verses, sentiments and sayings to your sick friends. Get well soon greetings are always welcome. Tuck get well message in a note or letter.
- Graduation Poems
- Free graduation poems, all ages. Words for graduation congratulations, messages, sayings, phrases, verses, wishes, sentiments, poetry for cards, letters, notes.
- Love Poems
- Free love poems, sayings, phrases, verses. Romantic words of love for love notes and messages. Short, long, sad, teen, relationship love poetry, more.
- Sad Love Poems
- Find the best sad love poems here. Read our lost love, love hurts, sorry and breakup love poems. Get out the Kleenex for this melancholy love poetry.
- Short Love Poems
- Free short love poems, a whole page of short, romantic poems. Looking for romantic love poetry in just a few words? This is the place!
- Mother Poems
- Free mother poems from daughter, son, kids. Mother's day poems mother-in-law, stepmother, wife, sister, aunt, friend, grandma, funny. Songs, prayer.
- Mothers Day Poems
- Mothers Day poems to touch her heart. New, original poetry for Mother's Day. These high quality messages for Mothers Day will create fond memories.
- New Years Poems
- Free New Years poems, poetry, messages, New Year toasts, New Years Eve poems, Happy New Year wish poems, New Years resolution verses, a Christian New Year poem, a New Year prayer and a New Year song.
- Patriotic Poems
- Free patriotic poems, Veterans Day poems, Memorial Day poems, patriotic songs, an Armed Forces Day poem, Flag Day poems, a Fourth of July poem, military and war poems, more.
- Patriotic Poetry
- Inspiring, motivating patriotic poetry about the loss of constitutional rights and freedoms and what we can do about it. Get people to take action using these poems on patriotism.
- Veterans Day Poems
- Veterans Day poems honoring our military, perfect for patriotic programs, events. Enhance your Veterans Day tribute with Veteran's day poetry.
- A Prayer for America
- A prayer for America, to return to the limited government and moral principles on which we were founded and turn from materialism and self-centeredness to the greatest commandments.
- Sympathy Poems
- Sympathy poems, including funeral, memorial, bereavement and condolence poems. Suitable for cards, programs, headstones, or to accompany a sympathy gift.
- Teacher Poems
- Free teacher poems, thank you teacher, teacher appreciation poems, high-quality teacher poetry. New teacher sayings, messages, wishes, verses. Original rhyming and free verse poems for teacher.
- Thanksgiving Poems
- Free Thanksgiving poems for greeting cards, programs. Funny Thanksgiving verse, Thanksgiving rhymes for kids, a Thanksgiving song and prayers.
- Thanksgiving Prayers
- Thanksgiving Prayers for Thanksgiving grace at the dinner table. Religious and inspirational Thanksgiving poems for plays, programs, church bulletins.
- Thank You Poems
- Free thank you poems, verse, thank you for the gift messages and appreciation poems for all occasions. Original, high quality thank you poetry.
- Valentine Poems
- Free Valentine poems include rhyming Valentine messages, sayings, verses, wishes. Valentine poetry, Valentine rhymes for kids, love, funny, family, friend, and Christian Valentines Day poems.
- Wedding Poems
- Quality wedding poems for cards, invitations, programs, favors, thank yous, toasts, vows. Also free wedding messages for wedding renewals, blessings.
- Rhyming Poems for Every Occasion
- Free rhyming poems, poetry. Enjoy 700+ original greeting card messages, mostly poems with rhymes. See high-quality poetry that rhymes on this sampler page.
- Contact Us
- Please contact us to let us know which of the greeting card poems and rhyming poems you like best. We want to write rhyming poetry and card verse to fit your needs.
- Search Poemsource
- About Us
- Information about the husband-wife team that writes the poems at Poemsource.com.